Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Project # 2

Artwork Title: Letting Out the Good and Breathing In the Bad

Description: This is a girl in her room. It symbolizes people with bad thoughts. When crying, it feels as if the good in life is flowing away, that's what the glowing white people symbolize as they flow down her face. The black air entering the girl is the bad thoughts that take over her head. The red is like electricity which distributes the bad thoughts throughout her head.

Summary: Started off with the sketches. At first I wasn't going to have the whole head in the shot but then changed my mind to make it better. I got the proportions and erased the first sketch and kept the more important sketches with the shape of the head and the hair and the positions of what's inside her head. Then I started coloring her. I don't like normal colors that are used usually for people so I pick abnormal colors like purple or grey or red or blue, in this case purple and her lips blue. I got the facial features first then went on with the rest of the piece. I colored in the white and black and spread the red and made it brighter. When I was satisfied I finished with a simple background. I tried to make it look like a dark room with curtains.

Images:












No comments:

Post a Comment